ASOS Magazine March 2012: Elizabeth Olsen by Todd Cole


The March 2012 issue of of ASOS Magazine features cover star, Elizabeth Olsen, the 22-year-old American actress and “indie queen” was shot exclusively by ASOS and photographer Todd Cole at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden in NY (one of her favorite spots in the city). As the younger sister of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Elizabeth was the star of the Sundance Film Festival 2011 for Martha Marcy May Marlene. Elizabeth wears a MiH aztec jacket and Elizabeth & James striped silk ella blouse on the cover. Also wears an ASOS long sleeve breton top inside

On being the Elizabeth in her sisters’ clothing line Elizabeth & James: “In my mind, that was, ‘Oh cool, that means I get free clothes!’ For two years, I didn’t buy anything. But even as a little kid...I had all their hand-me-downs. 

On her style: Inspired by Celine, Chanel, Isabel Marant and Marni – “I thought it was masculine and quirky and funky.”




On her upbringing: “I did lead a very charmed life growing up, but I was aware of the things that were abnormal. The only time I flrew first-class as a kid was when my sisters did these cruises called ‘Sail With The Stars.’ They were the main event...other than that, never.” 

On her famous last name: “A lot of casting directors didn’t make the connection at first. I loved it when that would happen, because there was no baggage of any kind, whether it was good or bad...I’ve always wanted to feel like everything I did, I worked hard for, because I had a complex about it.”

On Martha Marcy May Marlene: “Every script (I was sent) was ‘funny ironic’ because the girls were sluts or bitches...I don’t know how to act that. I have a really hard time playing those parts. (Martha) felt like doing real work, and that’s why I liked it...it was the best experience I’ve ever had working...no bullshitting.” 

Most surreal career moment so far: Meeting her idol Woody Allen. “I have a vintage Annie Hall movie poster than an ex-boyfriend bought me in high school, the only movie poster I own.”

 
On her famous family: “Mary-Kate and Ashley have celebrated my birthday with me every year since I’ve been in New York, my last four birthdays, and it’s been so special. Or when you have a fight with a boyfriend or a friend, or whatever, they’re here.”

Comments

Disclaimer

☝︎

Smile Blog does not claim ownership of any image/ content displayed. All articles are the personal opinions of The Smile Blog. Any external image/ content used will be credited accordingly. If you're the owner of the image/ content, and want it to be removed, we will gladly do so or have not credited you properly. Contact us

FTC: Keep in mind that we may receive commissions when you click links and make purchases via affiliate programs we are apart of.

This site uses COOKIES to deliver its services. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. Learn more



Reader's Favourites